Census 2020 is HERE & We are doing the #BmoreCensusChallenge
You can now respond to the Census Online, over the phone, or with the form that will be mailed to you from the Census Bureau.
To get the word out, we are doing a #BmoreCensusChallenge starting on April 1. How does this work? It's easy --
- 1) Snap a picture of yourself with your Census invitation/envelope, or create a creative image for social media (such as a meme!) themed around the 2020 Census.
- 2) Post a picture to social media with the hashtag #bmorecensuschallenge.
- 3) Tag us (@BaltPlan on IG and @BaltimorePlanning on Facebook) PLUS Tag 3 Friends!
There will be GREAT prizes for posts with the most "likes".
https://2020census.gov/en.html ---> Fill out the Census form here; you don't need to wait for the mailed invitation!
https://2020census.gov/en/languages.html ---> This website provides language support in 59 non-English languages, including American Sign Language, as well as guides in braille and large print.
Social Media: We Need Your Help!
Please see our Social Media toolkit, with images and sample text via this link. Use this material to share with your friends and family online!
Will Census Employees Come to My Door this Spring?
You may see Census Employees conducting multiple operations in communities due to the COVID-19 Delays in the timeline. Please know that so long as your Census is complete by before June, you should not expect an in-person follow-up. For more information on how to identify a Census Employee, please visit this link: https://www.census.gov/about/regions/philadelphia/contact/identify.html
Completing the Census By Phone
There are several ways that you can contact the U.S. Census Bureau for support.
For language support: The 2020 Census can be completed by phone in the following languages. Phone lines are open every day from 7am to 2am Eastern Time.
- English: 844-330-2020
- Spanish: 844-468-2020
- Chinese (Mandarin): 844-391-2020
- Chinese (Cantonese): 844-398-2020
- Vietnamese: 844-461-2020
- Korean: 844-392-2020
- Russian: 844-417-2020
- Arabic: 844-416-2020
- Tagalog: 844-478-2020
- Polish: 844-479-2020
- French: 844-494-2020
- Haitian Creole: 844-477-2020
- Portuguese: 844-474-2020
- Japanese: 844-460-2020
- English (for Puerto Rico residents): 844-418-2020
- Spanish (for Puerto Rico residents): 844-426-2020
For information on services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing: Call the TDD number at 844-467-2020.